Tuesday, April 25, 2006








Leave it to me and Mike to have a child who's third distinguishable word is "burp". The other night when Mike was feeding him- he got finished and then burped loudly. Mike said "Oh- did you burp?" and Dave replied "Burp" (which sounded kind of like "Buuuup"). Since then he has been saying it a lot and repeating it whenever we say it- which is more than I can say for his other first words "duck" and "bat" (or "datt"). Again, last night after he finished eating and burped, he said (on his own) "buuup"- and then smiled all big and cute. I think he kinda knows what it means. Am I over estimating his talking ability at 9 months?












Dave is also clapping now, which is new in the last couple of days. Whenever we get excited about something Dave starts clapping like a wild man and shaking it like a polaroid picture! It is very cute. It's funny how amazed you can be at the development of your own kids- even though you know all kids do the same things. It's a cool experience.

On a continuing slightly weird and gross note:)- I have to say that I like the smell of Dave's sleepy baby breath. When he first wakes up I just like to sniff his little mouth. It's weird cause it just smells like stale juice- or whatever. But I think it's really cute. Is that weird?? Ok I know it is... but i'm still willing to say it publicly anyway.

1 people are wicked awesome. to :

stupidramblings said...

Hey kids, it's me--stupid.

I'm happy mg told me about the blog, I'll have to bookmark it.