Ahh, Siena.

Sunday, October 29, 2006
















Here is another of our side trips from Florence to the beautiful town of Siena. If I had it to do again I would have stayed in Siena and gone to Florence on a side trip. Siena was much less touristy/ crowded and soooo picturesque. It would have been worth the extra hour train ride on regional busses from Rome (although I don't know if I would have said that two weeks ago...).
















Cat on a Hot Terra Cotta Roof... wait a sec!



























Some ancient Gregorian hymn books. Neat!











A great view from the roof of the museum.












And another steep, wind-y staircase.















No, your eyes do not deceive you. This is St. Catherine's thumb in a jar. I had to work hard while being fairly inconspicuous for this shot, but I don't think it qualifies as sneaky.
















This Donatello Madonna del Perdono from 1457, however... definitely sneaky!












3 people are wicked awesome. to Ahh, Siena.:

Brit said...

ewww, why is some lady's finger in a jar?! You'll have to tell me that story!

Beth said...

Ya.. that finger in the jar.. pretty gross! But, I have to say, for those of us who will never make it to Europe, these pictures are great. You took tons of cool pictures. I love looking at them. And, nice job on helping out with the leaning tower. ;)

stupidramblings said...

Keep the photos coming.

I lost a toenail, but my toe is still attached. Poor Saint (whoeveritwas) lost a whole DIGIT. Yuck.