
I really wanted to be finished with the Italy posting by Halloween so I could post Halloween pics, but I guess I will have to do it tonight- on All Saints Day. I tried to post a cute little video last night, but since I switched to Blogger Beta I think I will have to change some stuff on my youtube profile. We may get lucky, though- if the magical video fairy decides to visit. Anyway- only two more Italy posts to go...
The above picture is at some type of mall where Mike and some other missionaries sang. By the way- Torino is one of the cities where Mike spent a lot of time on his mission- so we stopped over and walked around on our way from Vernazza to Milano. You may have seen Torino on TV recently, as it was the host city for the 2006 Olympics (too bad we weren't there in February!)

We happened to find a happy little medieval festival complete with flag throwers and marching bands! It was pretty exciting. People were dressed up -so it was kind of cool.

Alpini kids and a brass band.


The "negative" of the shroud of Turin. Supposedly the shroud Christ was wrapped in after he died (although carbon dating doesn't coincide with the historical date of Christ's death).

We didn't quite make it in time for church, but we did make it just as church was letting out. We saw a lot of people Mike knew from when he was a missionary in this branch. We also saw a Missionary who served in our ward and knew my family. I was surprised he recognized me right away, because Mike and I were living in Utah at the time. Small world!

The Baptismal font at the church.

Some of the members Mike knew when he lived here.

One of Mike's old apartments. He was in Torino twice and helped scout out the good apartments for missionaries to live in. The missionaries still live in the one he picked out. Nice work, Mike!

As you can see I got a little more comfortable with drinking out of the fountains (Hi Mom). The bull is the symbol of Torino, because Torino means "little bull". Fancy that.



0 people are wicked awesome. to Torino- the little bull.:
Post a Comment