
Riomaggiore is the first city in the Cinque Terre. We actually started the hike in Vernazza because we missed the train while we were eating some fabulous sicilian pastries (not a negative, mind you). It was probably a good thing because I don't know if we would have finished otherwise. The hike from Vernazza to Monterosso is the hardest- then we took a train to Riomaggiore and hiked back to Vernazza.
Riomaggiore starts the actual hike with the Way of Love. I think they call it that because this is the only part of the hike you would actually want to kiss someone. The rest of the time you are huffing and puffing and so sweaty that you must stay at length arm's length from any other human being in order to maintain any semblence of dignity.

Eating gelato at the beginning of a 7 mile hike may seem weird to some of you, but if you've ever eaten gelato you know that it's appropriate to eat in any setting- or before, during or after any activity. Lit'rally.

Shafted. Do I smell that bad?



Corneglia. The beach below is Guvano beach, which is, as we were told, a nude beach. I kept looking to try and see some naked people, but no such luck.


The road back to Vernazza and a shower! Hoorah!

Hiking through an olive grove was really, really cool. I kind of want to grow olives. Is that possible in Texas?

Back at Vernazza.



0 people are wicked awesome. to Via dell' Amore:
Post a Comment