Bobbing along, singing a song- on the bottom of the Beautiful Briny Sea!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006











After the hike, we went swimming in the Ligurian sea in the harbor at Vernazza to cool off (not Guvano beach). The water was a little chilly, but felt so refreshing and really not all that cold for October. I can neither confirm nor deny the wearing of non-swimsuit attire during this activity












The water was so clear but so salty. Saltier than any ocean I have ever been swimming in. It was so salty that I barely had to move my arms in the water to stay afloat, and kicking was unnecessary.












See? No legs required!












Mike went out further that I did. The feel of sea creatures and mossy rocks shcieves me out- so I didn't stay in too long.


















































The city asleep. We left early to try and make it to church in Torino.
















Another delicious breakfast. Mike indulged me and let me buy one of each kind. He is good to me.












Genova, from the train.

4 people are wicked awesome. to Bobbing along, singing a song- on the bottom of the Beautiful Briny Sea!:

Amy said...

Your title is from one of Ian's favorite movies!!! I am so loving all your pictures. What I am wondering is who took the picture of you and Mike in the water. Unless I underestimate the two of you so maybe one of you set it on a cliff, dove off and posed all in 10 seconds...!

barb said...

funny that you asked because i was going to explain that- then thought no one would care.

we entrusted our precious camera to some strangers on a nearby rock.

g said...

Your pictures are so exquisite! They DO hurt my heart! Wow what an amazing trip for you guys- thanks for posting so many pictures I LOVE them. I wanted to go to Italy before- but now... now I REALLY want to go. Esp after seeing those pastries- cannolis are one of my favorite things to eat. How bout it andi? Just leave the uncooperative hub at home and we'll go together :)

Erin said...

I want to go to Italy so bad! your pictures are so freakin awesome! the ocean is so pretty! so blue! it make my heart hurt and wish I could go swimming in it too, but probably in a real bathing suit, not me undies. I love you barb! and all your pictures and funny comments make me miss you so bad!