Venezia- how I love your green canals

Tuesday, October 24, 2006















So you know all those pictures of the long boats and guys with red and white striped shirts singing songs in Italian? That's Venezia (aka Venice). It is a very beautiful, very touristy city. It is kind of fun to be walking down a street and end up at a dead end where a canal intersects. Also- Venetian 'ambulances' are my favorite.
















































My favorite Venice picture.




























Ties, ties, ties!!!!
















St. Mark's Square and the Doge's (because they can't just say 'duke' like us reggglar folks)Palace.... and some fabulous yellow chairs!














Gondola ride? Gonodola ride?? How much? 100 Euros (1.20 dollars to each euro- you do the math). Needless to say, we cruised around on the Vaporetto (city bus boat).



















Suckers!

2 people are wicked awesome. to Venezia- how I love your green canals:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I picture Italy I those pictures pop into my mind! Crazy cool! I can't even believe a gondola ride costs that much! I guess every American wants to do that when they go to Italy so they can hike up the prices!

barb said...

i know. venice is definitely one way i pictured italy. rome and the cinque terre were the other two... pictures of those coming soon. it's weird, like straight out of a picture in your mind.

my computer is going slow or they would come faster:(