stuff in Rome.

Thursday, October 26, 2006
















The 323 step climb to the roof at St. Peter's is worth it.
























Not sure which bridge this is. I know it was a famous one..












Hello Pantheon. Mike is standing in the McDonald's outdoor seating area taking this picture (sickening isn't it?).












I was amazed how the inside of the Pantheon looked in person just like the pictures out of my design class textbook. Did I take that class with you Andi? Also I was suprised that all of the old pagan landmarks and buildings are now churches/ Christian memorials. For example- the Pantheon is now a church for 'the martyrs'. I'm sure they appreciate being celebrated in a place where people used to worhip Zeus.
















Speaking of pagan worship... (just kidding all you Catholics reading my blog) this is the dome at St. Peter's.












It may appear to some of you that Mike is taking this picture Barbie style (ie: crooked). However, this is the fun-house esque walk up to the dome at St. Peter's.












The ridiculously steep, tiny staircase used to climb up to the Cupola.















Michelangelo's Pieta at St. Peter's. One of our favorite pieces of art that we saw.

2 people are wicked awesome. to stuff in Rome.:

g said...

you got to see the Pieta!!! I am so jealous! I looooove tht statue! Oh! All of your pictures make me cry with jealousy!!!!!

barb said...

I would have taken you all if i could have. it would be fun to go back with a big group! mike could be our tour guide:)