More Roman stuff.

Thursday, October 26, 2006












Gladiators!












And me showing off some gladiator muscle! Look at those guns!












The Coloseum inside- note the cross on the right-hand side. Slightly sacreligious. Wouldn't you say?
























Doing the Ceasar shuffle on the Via Sacra (Sacred Way). These are the Roman forums near the place where Augusta :) Ceasar was murdered.
















A palace on Palatine hill. The little lincoln logs in the middle are remains of marble columns.












Via Sacra by the Arch of Constantine. Supposedly these walkways still have ruts in some of the stone from chariots that traveled on them. Pretty dang awesome, no?












Resting on a Corinthian column (or is it Doric, Ionic... I can't remember!)












Spanish steps. Why they're spanish?? I don't know. They don't look Spanish...













A flock of nuns!! I told you I was obsessed.

1 people are wicked awesome. to More Roman stuff.:

andi said...

Not only nuns- black and white nuns! Does that indicate their "rank" or something? Or were they just sick of wearing black that day?