Lucy, we're hooo-oome!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
















We made it home last night after many hours of travel and airplane movies! It is good to be home. I think Dave grew about a foot and gained about 10 pounds while we were gone. It is definitely nice to be back in a country where the use of washcloths is encouraged and people actually stop at red lights. For all of it's follies, though- Italy is beautiful. I would love to go back and see some of the things we didn't see, and even some things that we did- again. We had a lot of fun as our 1,200 pictures will attest (I actually think it was more like 1,225 or something...)! I think I will have to make a post about each place we went with just a few pictures (unless you all want to see all thousand+ of them).

I was suprised to find out that I have to work tonight! I was almost positive I had asked for one day off after I got back, but the schedule wasn't made before I left... so it looks like I get to go have some ER fun tonight. I actually don't feel too bad- I slept pretty well last night. Better to get it over with while my body is still in shock from all the travel, I guess.

We got to see Ms. Bone Sr. at the Philly airport yesterday and she brought us some delicious Pennsylvanian sandwiches (which we scarfed, as you can see). That was a really fun end to our trip. Dave came to meet us at the DFW airport. It was past his bedtime, but he was being so good. He just blinked at us, like he couldn't believe we were real- some kind of parental mirage. He didn't cry, just laughed and talked to us. I was surprised. We probably missed him more than he missed us.



7 people are wicked awesome. to Lucy, we're hooo-oome!:

andi said...

So happy you are home and that you had a good time! Now get to postin'! We all want to live vicariously through your pictures of Europe!

Bone Junior said...

Are those Wawa hoagies I spy you scarfing?!?!

barb said...

i think you can almost see the sandwich going down my throat.... gross.

Beth said...

I second Andi.. GET TO POSTIN! :) We are glad to have you home and back at your computer where you belong. ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I sent you my toenail in the mail.

Erin said...

I am glad that you are back! i missed your posting real bad. so now that you are home...pictures please! and I am cool with all 1200 if you are up to it (hehe, okay maybe later...but pictures please.)

Erin said...

oh, and thanks for adding me to your list of bloggies. now everyone knows I am easy. :)