Ciao, carissimi!

Sunday, October 08, 2006
Buona Giornata!

I'm not sure how those other videos got posted. The phantom video blogger I guess... the video fairy visited. I tried to post those vids a while ago, but they didn't show up til we left. I guess if you want your videos to show up online sometimes you gotta leave the country... just a little tip...

Well- we are 1/2 way into our trip (about). We are now in Roma. We rode a train all day from Venezia . Mike and I are sitting in a little Internet cafe- probably picking up germs from all over the world! We are so Euro! I'm using all the proper names for the Italian cities- because I am euroX2. You know what else is euro?? These crazy little extra buttons on the keyboard... like ù and à and ò. Anyway- we are having lots of fun. It is warm here and I'm mad that I forgot my flip flops (I haven't seen a single flip flop in any store here)... but besides that we have run into very little trouble. With our Rick Steves' savvy, Mike and I thwarted some would-be thieves on the train today. Thanks Ricky Rick! We found a cool little B&B that will bring breakfast to our room tomorrow, so that will be fun. It is just a few blocks away from the Collosseum. I still can't believe I am seeing some of this stuff for real. It's odd to be somewhere where my native tongue is not spoken- it is humbling and frustrating, but fun.

We definitely stick out like sore thumbs here. We do not look at all Italian, or really... anything else. Everyone knows we're American and I think they find us a little annoying, either that or they try to con us- until Mike starts speaking Italian- then I think they are a little surprised. Anyway- I better wrap this up. We are paying by the minute!! tee hee!! Happy Mondee everyone!

4 people are wicked awesome. to Ciao, carissimi!:

Erin said...

I can't wait to hear the full story of how you thwarted some theives! Ahhh...the adventures of Barbie and Mike. I hope you are taking lots of pictures. keep having fun!

andi said...

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad Mike speaks I-talian so you can show those foreigners who's boss?

em said...

i say to the hub every day lately, "i wonder what barbie and mike are doing in italy today??" and then i drift off to italy-daydream-world and lose track of whatever i'm really supposed to be doing at the moment. and also, if i'da given you one more piece of advice before you left, it would've been to leave the flip flops at home! ONLY COMFY WALKING SHOES! :) bwahhahahahahaaa. so i'm glad you complied, and even though it's hot, i bet your footsies are happy, too. PICTURES! PICTURES! ciao, bella!

Anonymous said...

mwahaha!