
It's basically just hotels and restaurants (I think there are a few permanent residents who commute down the hill everyday). The streets are cobble-stone and very steep and the houses are all cool just-what-you-thought-Italy-would-look-like kind of places. Unfortunately we got up the mountain right at sunset, so we didn't get any great pictures of the town- there were some cool views of Como though.

So steep we could barely stand up straight. Then we had to ride the funicular back down.

I was really scared.
... now that you're all grossed out- keep reading:) I promise this is mild compared to some of the PDA you see Italian natives doing... blech. (I hope you're laughing and not vomming)

Just for Dustin: I know this picture is a little out of place, but since you asked, this was our hotel in Milan. It was probably the plainest of all. Think low end Ikea (not that Ikea is really high end or anything). The one in Como was a little nicer.

Our balcony at the Albergo (hotel) Posta in Como. they actually had a blow-dryer here. I was living it up with all our fancy amenities...

We hopped the border to Switzerland one day. We tried to take a picture whilst walking through customs and the Swiss policeman about bit our heads off. I didn't realize that it's illegal to take pictures of a customs pass-through thingy. Yikes!

I like the big red line through Como. Just in case you forgot which way you were going.

The streets are so clean here... and they are paved with cheese (not really. That was just a shameless plug for An American Tale: Fievel goes west, but they really are super clean)

A Swiss church. Can you tell the difference between a Swiss church and an Italian church? Just a tad bit plainer.

And last but not least, a real brick oven. I think you can see our pizza in there. Salami... mmmm.



4 people are wicked awesome. to More FUNicular, Brunate and hopping the border:
I like the picture of you smooching, you and mike still got it...even after five years of being married, and having a kid! and I am jealous, once again, that you got to go to the land of the swiss. I did my country report on Switzerland in 6th grade, and ever since then I have wanted to go there. it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
i'm surprised the smooching picture didn't generate more comments. it just goes to show that shamelessly posting things just to get comments doesn't pay.
I for one liked the smooching picture, Barb. Although, next time I'd like to see a little more tongue. Just a thought.
mwah!
Smooch away! Just as long as you keep posting pics! How fun to have your own personal tour guide...that you can kiss! Thanks for sharing your trip.
Post a Comment