Phew!

Thursday, October 26, 2006
















Zoom in on these pictures and you will find some sneaky pictures of the Sistine Chapel taken from my camera bag! I almost feel as relieved to have all of the Rome pictures posted to my blog as I did when we were on the train from Rome to Florence. Rome was big and there was a lot to see. It was a little harder to get from place to place. I think that's one thing that made it more frustrating than other places. We almost missed seeing one of our favorite museums, the Borghese, because we had to walk so far from the subway. I threw down my little museum card like a 2 year old and threw a fit. Then Mike and I ran about 2 blocks at full sprint to try and make it (we finally did make it- between temper tantrums). Unfortunately we weren't able to take pictures, but the Bernini statues at the Borghese were soooo amazing. Our favorites were the Apollo and Daphne and David. It was worth acting like a baby to see them.




























Pretending to sleep at our hotel room in Rome. This was probably the nicest place we stayed.
















Mike filling up our water bottle in the fountain outside the Borghese. It's weird that you can drink right out of the fountain, but we never got the 'reah's- so I guess it was safe.













Now I know where my nickname came from! (Barberini subway stop).













Missionaries! It was almost as good as seeing nuns:) The funny thing is- this wasn't even the first set we ran into (nor was it the last).












I can't remember what this building is. It was one of the temples near the Roman forums (Athena's Temple??).












Mike! Help!! This statue is famous, but I don't remember what it is.












A Bernini fountain in one of the Piazza's- The Sinking Ship.
















Sphinx (Vatican Museum)! Not to be confused with the one I used to carry in my pocket for luck on dates:)

6 people are wicked awesome. to Phew!:

Erin said...

Awesome! you got some great pictures. I love all your "sneaky" pictures, and they turned out really good for being sneaky. I also think its so weird that you can just drink out of the fountains there, doing that here would be like drinking pool water....bleeeechk.

stupidramblings said...

I keep not commenting on the pics, but I keep looking at them. They're not only famous places, but good SHOTS of famous places.

Liz said...

How fun! We're in the great city of Roma right now- checking my emails and friends' blogs and other stuff because we just put Emeline down... and I saw the picture with the missionaries and showed my parents! What a crackup. Elder Eccles, Lofgreen, Sant, Ficklin, and Pratt... some familiar faces around here! (We're staying in the mission home... did I tell you that?) Anyway, they got a kick out of the picture.

barb said...

thanks guys.

liz- i noticed someone "lurking" from pescara, italy and assumed it was you. isn't it a small world that i know you and have a picture of them and now you're showing it to them in ANOTHER COUNTRY?! that's kind of blowing my mind right now. gotta love the church.

i hope you're having fun. keep us posted on how the trip is going. wish we were there with you guys:)

andi said...

HA! I forgot about the Sphinx! How much did that go for on E-bay? Nice secret ninja shot of the Sistine, too, by the way!

Beth said...

You got some great pictures. I love looking at all of them.. especially those sneaky ones. :) Not too shabby either. :) How romantic.. Maybe someday I'll get to go there for romance.. instead of Red Lobster. You think I'm kidding.